Policies & Procedures
Welcome To Pukete School
Nau mai Haere mai. Welcome to our school. We warmly welcome parents, children and all family members to Pukete School. We trust your association with our school will be a happy one. We look forward to developing a life long love of learning in partnership with you.
Our Mission Statement
Pukete School aims to provide a positive, stimulating, and secure learning environment, catering for each childs individual potential, while developing independence, confidence and acceptable social skills.
About Our School
Pukete School is situated off Te Rapa Straight and is located just a few minutes drive from both the Hamilton City Centre, The Base and Westfield Shopping Centre. Pukete School opened in 1973. We currently have a roll of around 420 and we are a uniform school. We have an enrolment scheme in place (see Location) and the majority of Pukete students come from Pukete, Flagstaff, St. Andrews and Nawton with some children coming from further outlying areas.
You will be greeted warmly by our front office staff. We have an attractive environment which supports learning. We are an Enviro-School.
Our Term dates for 2014 are as follows:
Term One: 4 Feb - 17 April
Term Two: 5 May - 4 July
Term Three: 21 July - 26 Sept
Term Four: 13 Oct - 17 Dec
Our Term dates for 2015 are:
Term One: Feb 3 to April 2
Term Two: April 20 to July 3
Term Three: July 20 to Sep 25
Term Four: October 12 to Dec 16
8:30am - Bag Bell
8:55am - First Block
10:45am - First Lunch
11:10am - Second Block
1:00pm - Second Lunch
1:50pm - Third Block
3:00pm - Home time
The Staff at Book Character Day Wednesday 19th April- Dress as your favourite book character
Pukete School Offers
- Support for the development of personal growth, independence and social interaction.
- A philosophy where opportunities are provided for all children to experience success.
- An educational climate that fosters high standards of work and behaviour.
- A highly qualified and experienced staff.
- Assistance programmes for children with special needs.
- A balanced curriculum including education outside the classroom.
- Many opportunities for parental involvement. Coaching in a wide range of summer and winter sporting codes.
- Tuition in cultural activities and out-of-school music classes.